Asking customers for a review
The fact is, many small businesses are brilliant at what they do but feel uncomfortable about self praise. The first thing to remember is ‘don’t be embarrassed to ask for a review’. If you’ve done a great job or provided a first class service you deserve it so get in there and ask away!
Politely asking for a review means your good work will be shared locally driving more people to your door and getting more enquiries. Use these simple suggestions and before long you’ll be asking all your clients for feedback with confidence!
“If you’re happy with our service please take a minute to leave us a review – As a local business we rely on customer feedback to build our reputation”
“If you’ve enjoyed the experience please don’t keep us a secret – Leaving an on-line review will tell other people about our business”
“We rely on customer feedback to continually improve our service – An on-line review about your visit would be much appreciated”.
Also, make it easy for people to leave you a review – Have your details easily to hand and include a request in all correspondence such as invoices and emails.
Implementing a simple strategy
Ok, so now’s the time to make a plan on getting more reviews to boost your on-line presence. The most important thing is to keep it achievable – You should make a plan for the long term that’s easy to implement as chances are, if it’s hard work you’ll start strong then things will tail off. Here are our top tips...
- Make sure you prompt all your customers for a review by simply asking them to support you as a local business. The more you ask the more you’ll get and don’t get despondent. Not everyone will leave you a review but if just 1 in 10 do so, numbers will soon build.
- Ensure all your staff members are on board as it has to be a team effort. A few minutes each week explaining the importance of reviews will go a long way in converting happy customers to 5 star reviewers.
- Make it easy for people to leave a review. Create a sign with your details on or better still, get some review cards that you can give to every client – See the next page for details
- Have a strong call to action on all your correspondence. Email signatures, letters and emails should all include a link requesting a review
- Reply to all reviews – This simple act goes a long way...see page X for more information
Now, make your plan, keep it simple and stick to it!
Review cards – a simple solution
Review cards are an innovative and simple way to get more reviews. They are personalized to your business and contain a bespoke quick link that takes people directly to your Google page meaning reviews can be left in seconds – how cool is that!
Key benefits at a glance...
- Customers are taken to your page by either using a short link or via a QR code
- Personalized with your logo and telephone number
- Easy for you to give out to all your customers
- Professionally designed and printed
- Also available for Facebook, Tripadvisor and Yelp
- The short link can be used on other correspondence
Find out more and order yours at www.review.cards
Read part 4 - Why you need more reviews - The Statistics